CPC Logistics has become a corporate member of the Women in Trucking Association (WIT), a nonprofit organization dedicated to encouraging the employment of women in the trucking industry, promoting their accomplishments and minimizing the obstacles confronting female drivers.
According to the American Trucking Association, the truck driver shortage hit a historic high of 80,000 drivers in 2021. Although there is no single cause for the driver deficit, one of the primary factors includes a lack of women in the industry. Currently, women make up only seven percent of all drivers, which is significantly lower than their participation in the total workforce.
“Advancing gender diversity in transportation and logistics is more critical than ever,” said Butch Wallis, CPC president. “CPC Logistics is proud to partner with Women in Trucking to continue breaking down the barriers female drivers face as well as celebrating their tremendous contributions to the industry.”
Committed to recruiting and retaining female truck drivers, CPC currently offers:
- Excellent work-life balance with a variety of local truck driving jobs that allow employees to be home every night.
- Extensive training and awards programs to ensure a safe working environment.
- Comprehensive and competitive benefit packages, which can include a full range of coverages from health and disability insurance to voluntary coverages employees can mix and match to suit their needs.
- Opportunities for truck drivers to invest in their career and retirement through a 401(k) plan.
- Health and wellness education, including a dedicated nurse advocate program.
Figures from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics show an 88 percent increase in female drivers since 2010. While the trucking industry has made considerable progress to attract women to the profession, there are still hurdles that must be addressed.
“Through our partnership with WIT, we’re eager to help more women build successful and fulfilling careers in transportation and logistics,” said Wallis.
In its pursuit of attracting more women to apply, CPC has permanently added a Women In Trucking icon, and specific language “Women encouraged to apply” on all its job listings.
Women interested in working with CPC can search for open positions by CDL license type, job type and location with our search tool.