Forbes collaborated with market research firm Statista to compile the list. It is based on an independent survey of 45,000 American workers at companies and institutions with 1,000 to 5,000 U.S.-based employees. Survey participants were asked if they would recommend their current employers to friends and family (on a scale of 0 to 10) and to cite any other employer they would also recommend.
More than 3,000 midsize employers were identified for inclusion on the survey through comprehensive research of numerous sources, including industry associations, trade journals and economic research institutes. The list ranks the 500 employers that received the most recommendations from the survey participants.
Despite the trucking industry’s high turnover rate of nearly 90 percent, drivers choose to stay with CPC—many between 10 and 30 years. CPC retains its drivers by offering:
- Work-life balance. Most drivers are home daily with consistent routes to the same facilities.
- Financial security. CPC offers competitive pay and outstanding benefits from day one.
- Safety. CPC’s record is three times better than the overall trucking industry.
- Stability. Drivers enjoy flexible scheduling and quicker payment terms.
- Feedback and coaching. CPC’s operations team provides strong and consistent support and training through interactive, online and in-cab courses.
- Opportunities for development and advancement. Many members of CPC’s management team are former drivers.
- Recognition. Drivers’ accomplishments are celebrated through unique events like the Driver Salute.
The culture of respect CPC has built is one of the many reasons why drivers consider CPC jobs to be among the most preferred in the trucking industry.
Visit Forbes’ website for more information about the 2023 list of America’s Best Midsize Employers.